- Contact the Plumbing Division at (517) 241-9330 or via E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Plumbing Division is responsible for issuing plumbing permits, the examination and licensing and renewals of licenses of plumbing contractors, apprenticeship registration, master and journey plumbers and for the inspection of plumbing installations and repair. The division also provides staff support to the State Plumbing Board and handles plumbing code questions--i.e., plumbing fixutres, water distribution, sanitary and storm lines.
The 2012 Michigan Plumbing Code was filed with the Secretary of State on September 19, 2013, and becomes effective on January 17, 2014. The 2012 Michigan Plumbing Code will adopt by reference the 2012 edition of the International Plumbing Code with amendments, deletions, and additions deemed necessary for use in Michigan. The proposed rules will provide the latest standards to protect the health and promote the safety and welfare of Michigan's residents by regulating the installation and inspection of plumbing within the state. The 2012 Michigan Plumbing Code is now available through the ICC website.
The Plumbing Licensing Rules were filed with the Secretary of State on February 4, 2014, and take immediate effect.
2012-118 Final Plumbing Licensing Rules
- 2012 Code Update Advisory Memorandum
- Plumbing Examination Schedules, Examination/Licensing Information and Applications, and Apprentice Registration
- Approved 4 Hour 2012 Code Update Courses
- Approved 5 Hour 2009 Code Update Courses
- State Plumbing Act - 2002 PA 733
- Stille-DeRossett-Hale Single State Construction Code Act - 1972 PA 230
- Plumbing Code Rules Effective January 17, 2014
- Rehabilitation Code Rules
- State Plumbing Board Licenses (Licensing Rules)
- To Purchase Code Books from ICC
- To Purchase Code Books from MPMCA