• The Bureau of Community and Health Systems (BCHS) accepts and processes complaints against various state licensed and federally certified facilities, centers, homes, agencies, and programs. The bureau has no authority to investigate complaints against individual health professionals or billing disputes.

  • Child Care Homes/Centers, Adult Foster Care Homes & Camps     Home Agencies & Facilities    Substance Use Disorder Programs

    Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)

  • Other Complaint Related Resources

    Michigan Department of Attorney General
    Consumer Protection
    Phone: 877-765-8388

    Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
    Complaints against licensed health professionals (physicians, nurses, etc.)
    Phone: 517-373-9196

    Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
    Complaints related to insurance coverage 
    Phone: 877-999-6442