The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Do I have to provide proof of my Michigan residency when I renew my registry identification card?
Yes. You must submit one of the following:
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300, or
- A copy of your valid Michigan voter registration
- Note: We will not accept an expired driver license or personal identification card.
- Note: If you submit a voter registration, you must also submit proof of identity for verification purposes. Proof of identity can be any government-issued document that shows both your name and date of birth.