Skip to main content

Do I have to be a caregiver for 2 years before I apply for a license under the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA)?

No. There are no provisions in the MRTMA or the Administrative Rules that require an applicant be a registered caregiver to apply for an adult-use license. Please note that caregivers who have two years’ experience between 2008 and 2017 may be entitled to fee reductions with the Social Equity Program. Click here for more information on the CRA’s Social Equity Program.