The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
LARA Seeks Participants for Adult-Use Marijuana Stakeholder Workgroups
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-335-LARA (5272)
February 25, 2019 – LARA’s Bureau of Marijuana Regulation (BMR) is facilitating four stakeholder work groups to discuss and provide suggestions on regulatory topics related to the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA):
- Licensees who are already licensed under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act and are interested in entering the adult-use marijuana market.
- Municipalities that are considering allowing licensed adult-use marijuana facilities in their community.
- Attorneys who represent marijuana establishments who have an interest in the adult-use market.
- Individuals or businesses interested in participating in the adult-use market as either a future licensee or a consumer of adult-use marijuana.
Individuals interested in participating in an adult-use marijuana workgroup must send an email to LARA-MedicalMarijuana@michigan.gov with WORK GROUP in the subject line – the body of the email must contain the following information:
- The name of the workgroup you would be interested in participating in: Licensees, Municipalities, Attorneys, or Individuals/Businesses.
- Your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, occupation, job title, and the name of the employer or organization that you are affiliated with.
- A brief explanation (no more than 150 words) detailing your qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder work group. Please do not include attachments with your email.
The Bureau will consider all email requests that meet these requirements, and any additional relevant information when establishing the stakeholder work groups. Requests and inquiries made via telephone or to other Bureau contacts may not be accepted.
The deadline to email your request to participate in the adult-use marijuana workgroups is Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9:00 AM. Selections for the work groups will be announced by Monday, March 11, 2019 and the workgroups will be scheduled for the end of March. If you are chosen for a work group you will be notified of the date, time and location.
The purpose of these workgroups is to gather information only. The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) is in the process of starting the formal rulemaking process pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act of 1969. To that end, the purpose of the workgroups is to seek input on the regulatory topics. All interested members of the public – whether selected to participate in the work groups or not – will be able to participate in the permanent rulemaking process that includes public review and comment.