The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Online Options Expanded for Michigan's Medical Marijuana Patients
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-335-LARA (5272)
January 30, 2018 – In order to increase efficiency, reduce processing times, and improve customer service, the Bureau of Marijuana Regulation (BMR) has expanded its Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP) online processes to include many more services for Michigan’s medical marijuana patients.
The following actions are now available online:
- Medical marijuana patients without a caregiver can apply for medical marijuana registry identification cards online and can check the status of their applications. (This service is available for patients whose physician has registered for an online account.)
- Current patients without a caregiver can renew their medical marijuana registry identification cards. (This service is available for patients whose physician has registered for an online account.)
- Current patients without a caregiver can update their name and/or address, and request replacement cards.
- Current patients can remove their caregiver and/or withdraw from the MMMP via their online account.
“We are pleased to be able to make these services available online,” said Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Director Orlene Hawks. “It’s a small but significant step in making access to government services easier for Michigan residents. Our new online capabilities deliver services where and when and at the times our constituents need them.”
“Our new system allows for a much quicker turnaround on medical marijuana applications,” said BMR Director Andrew Brisbo. “If an applicant’s physician certifies the medical use of marijuana online, the patient could potentially be issued a registry identification card within 2-3 business days.”
Patients/cardholders may click these links to do the following actions:
- Create a secure online account (patient without caregiver)
- Apply for Patient-Only Registry Card online (patient without caregiver)
- Link to your Existing Record
- Renew Patient Only Registry Card
- Request Replacement Card
- Name and/or Address Change
- Remove Caregiver
- Withdraw from MMMP
Physicians who register with the MMMP for a secure online account will be able to certify their patients’ medical use of marijuana online. A certifying physician is still required to have a bona fide physician-patient relationship with the patient, complete an in-person, medical evaluation of the patient, and comply with all other relevant provisions of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.
At any time, patients can check the status of their application by logging in to their account at www.michigan.gov/BMRonline.