Do I have to be a resident of the state of Michigan to obtain a patient registry identification card?
Yes. MCL 333.26426(a)(6) requires that you submit a copy of one of the following as proof of Michigan residency:
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300, or
- A copy of your valid Michigan voter registration
- Note: If you submit a voter registration as proof of Michigan residency, you must submit proof of your identity for verification purposes. Proof of identity can be any government-issued document that includes your name and date of birth.
- Note: We will not accept an expired driver license or personal identification card.
The MMMA can be found on our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.