The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Introduction to Benefits
Full-time State of Michigan classified employees are entitled to benefits that include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and flexible spending accounts.
Enrollment must be completed and required documentation must be provided within the first 31 days of hire by contacting the MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. After enrolling, coverage will be effective the first day of the pay-period after the enrollment is completed. If you do not enroll within the first 31 days, the next opportunity to obtain benefits will be during the annual Benefits Open Enrollment period.
- Eligibility Guidelines/Required Documentation
- New Employee Benefits Checklist
- Michigan State Police New Employee Benefits Checklist
- CY23 Benefits Summary Brochure
- CY22 Benefits Summary Brochure
- Tutorial: Choosing The Benefits That Are Right For Me!
- Benefit Bulletins