The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Saving and Planning
Michigan's 529 Savings Programs
Michigan's Section 529 College Savings Programs
Want to start saving for your child's future education? This overview of Michigan's direct sold 529 college savings programs will help get you started. Learn the basics of the Michigan Education Trust (MET) and Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) programs and their tax benefits.
529 Plans at Work
Set your organization apart by offering this unique, free benefit. We are available to:
- Participate in school events (i.e. Kindergarten Round-up, Welcome Back Fairs, Parent-Teacher Conferences, etc.)
- Conduct in-person presentations on the importance of saving for college and the benefits of Michigan’s 529 plans.
- Attend employee benefit fairs.
- Provide educational materials.
- Assist HR/Payroll with initiating payroll deduction.
2022 Joint Events
Staff are available for presentations (virtual or in-person) or to set-up a display at your event. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation or display, please call 800-638-4543 or email TreasMET@Michigan.gov .
The mission of MiABLE is to encourage and assist the saving of private funds to help persons with disabilities cover costs that support their health, independence and quality of life.