The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Help your employees create a legacy of learning with MET Works
Good for your employees
- Three plan options: Full Benefits, Limited Benefits and Community College.
- MET pays in-state tuition and mandatory fees at Michigan public universities (Full and Limited Benefit plans) or in-district tuition and mandatory fees at Michigan public community colleges (Community College plans) up to the number of credit hours purchased.
- Students not attending a Michigan public university may direct funds to Michigan private colleges or out-of-state schools.
- Refund options are available for trade school, full-scholarship, military enlistment, death or disability, or not attending college.
- Payments made are deductible on a purchaser’s Michigan income tax form in the year they are made.
- When you use MET for qualified higher education expenses, earnings are exempt from federal and state income taxes.
Good for your organization
- MET differentiates your benefits plan from other organizations.
- It is simple and free to administer.
- It’s a complementary benefit to a 401 (k) and other programs (paid with after-tax dollars).
- The prepaid tuition program gives your employees an easy, affordable, tax-advantage way to save for an important goal.
- It enhances existing tuition benefits.
- We will help you develop a strategy to communicate this exciting new benefit to your employees.
Payroll Direct Deposit
MET payroll direct deposit benefits your employees AND your organization or business. It's as easy as adding another direct deposit account to your paycheck!
View more about Payroll Direct Deposit
Autumn Schneider, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network of Michigan
“We have invited MET to the yearly college fair we host for our employees several times and will continue to do so. The reality is that a major factor in making college decisions is the financial aspect. MET helps parents figure out how to make affording college and the possibility of debt-free college a reality for their children. Helping our employees to become educated about this wonderful option is a no-brainer for us at Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network of Michigan.”
Kelley Peel, Reeths-Puffer Intermediate Muskegon, MI
“As a counselor of 5th & 6th graders, I think having parents understand that they can save for a semester or for all four years is important. The flexibility in these savings plans & tax deduction is a wonderful gift to young learners. Parents are also giving the message that they believe in their kids’ academic aspirations.”
Request an Employer Kit
Get started and request your Employer Kit today! Kits include information on how to administer MET as a payroll deduction, sample employee communications, brochures and more.
To request your kit, call 1-800-MET-4-KID or email us at TreasMET@Michigan.gov
MET School Partnership Program
Schools can join our Partnership Program and get MET resources to share with their students and parents at no cost to the school.
Charitable Tuition Program for Businesses and Organizations
Your organization can purchase college tuition for an individual at a discount.