The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Planning Consortium (U-15590)
- Ensuring adequate sharing of information throughout the planning process on a local and detailed level.
- Evaluating energy infrastructure alternatives, including proposed transmission projects.
- Examining the cost effects of various alternatives on Michigan customers.
- Recommending the most effective ways for Michigan stakeholders to participate in regional planning processes, and related state and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proceedings, including MPSC Act 30 certification proceedings.
In July 2008, the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) issued an order in Case No. U-15590 which established the Michigan Planning Consortium (MPC) to improve the planning process for electricity infrastructure projects and identify possible ways to reduce costs to ratepayers. The initial goals of the MPC include the following:
The Commission directed the MPSC staff to work with involved stakeholders, including, but not limited to, representatives from regional transmission organizations, transmission owners, generators, distribution companies, independent power producers, and alternative energy suppliers.
MPSC Staff Contacts:
Michigan Planning Consortium Documents
July 1, 2008 Press Release
Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Presentations
- 16 July 2009 Presentation 1
- 29 June 2009 Presentation 1 Presentation 2
- 12 June 2009 Revised Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2 Presentation 3 Presentation 4
- 15 May 2009 Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2 Presentation 3 Presentation 4 Presentation 5
- 20 Apr 2009 Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2
- 27 Mar 2009 Revised Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2
- 21 Nov 2008 Agenda
- 28 Oct 2008 Agenda
- 18 Sept 2008 Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2
- 26 Aug 2008 Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2 Presentation 3
- 23 July 2008 Meeting Notice Agenda Presentation