The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Sample Required Supplementary Information (RSI)
Financial statements for employers (reporting units) must include a section titled Required Supplemental Information. In compliance with GASB 75, this section must include the following two schedules and notes. The schedules provided below are examples only.
Both schedules are presented to illustrate the requirement to show information for 10 years. However, until a full 10-year trend is compiled, employers should present information for those years for which data is available.
Maintain these schedules from year to year, completing the current year's column and retaining the previous years' information. After a ten-year history is established, one year will drop off the schedules each year, maintaining the last ten years' historical data.
The Schedule of Employer's Proportionate Share of Net OPEB Liability requires the employer to supply specific information from Table 1 (Schedule of OPEB Amounts by Employer). Information that must be supplied is shown in italics and brackets, for example, [Column D].
Guidance for completing Schedule of Employer's Proportionate Share of Net OPEB Liability:
- Use Table N6 or U6 (Schedule of OPEB Amounts by Employer) to populate rows A and B.
- Use Table N5 or U5 (Schedule of Covered Payroll by Employer) Column BB to supply data for row C.
- Calculate row D (row C divided by row B).
- ORS provides row E of the schedules each year. Use the percentage that corresponds with your employer group (non-university or university).
For this schedule, each employer is responsible for supplying its own data regarding contributions. This schedule reports contributions for the employer fiscal year (July - June), not the MPSERS (plan) fiscal year. ORS cannot supply data for this schedule.
Guidance for completing the Schedule of Employer's OPEB Contributions:
- Supply information for rows A and B for each schedule. These figures should include OPEB contributions only (not pension contributions). Note that the reporting period is July-June and includes contributions subsequent to the measurement date (Sept. 30, 2022).
- Calculate row C (row A minus row B).
- Use Table N5 or U5, Column CC to supply information for row D (covered payroll). Calculate row E (B divided by D).
Include the following statements in the Notes to Required Supplementary Information section of the financial statement.
Changes of benefit terms: There were no changes of benefit terms in FY 2022.
Changes of benefit assumptions: There were no changes of benefit assumptions in FY 2022.
(Last updated: 07/21/2023)