The Employer Information website provides resources and information for Michigan public schools, community colleges, and some public school academies, charter schools, libraries and universities in the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System. Here you will find links to websites used to report to the Office of Retirement Services, as well as communications and resources developed to assist you in reporting.
- 9/15/2021: MPSERS Employer News - September 2021
- 9/1/2021: Action required: professional services leave certification
- 8/18/2021: MPSERS Employer News - August 2021
- 08/13/2021: Audited GASB schedules report published on the GASB website
- 08/03/2021: GASB 68 and 75 data and information now available; GASB report available by mid-August
- 07/19/2021: MPSERS Employer News - July 2021
- 06/17/2021 MPSERS Employer News - June 2021
New Hire Retirement Plan Resources
New hires who are not already members of the Michigan Public School Employees' Retirement System have a decision to make for their future retirement plan. They have 75 calendar days from the first payroll end date to decide which retirement plan best meets their needs:
- The Pension Plus 2 retirement plan, or
- The Defined Contribution (DC) retirement plan.
New hires can get full details and guidance for their plan options at PickMiPlan, including the Retirement Plan Election Guide and the Retirement Plan Decision Guide.
Here is a sample message you can send to your new hires that will point them to all the resources they will need to make an informed decision:
As a new employee at [school or organization name], you have a decision to make about your future! Please review the information available at PickMiPlan.org to understand your options and consider what fits you best.
About three to five weeks after the first day you work, you'll receive a letter from the Michigan Office of Retirement Services (ORS) with information, including an account numbers, you'll need to make your election on miAccount. In the meantime, we hope you'll review the information and consider your future.
- Pay Cycle Calendar
Use our handy Pay Cycle Calendar for important reminders and deadlines.
- Extend the 457 Plan to Your DB Members—
Sign Up Today!
Learn more about offering the Deferred Compensation Option to your employees.
- Introduction to Reporting
Read or review this guide for an overview of benefit plans and the who, what, when and how of ORS reporting.
- Pension Plus website
Member information for your employees who have Pension Plus is available at www.mipensionplus.org/publicschools.
- TDP Calculator
Send your non-Pension Plus employees to our TDP calculator where they can weigh the cost of purchasing service credit.
- ORS non-business days
View ORS non-business days to make sure your reports are never late.
- Scheduled System Maintenance
View dates and times for scheduled maintenance.