Skip to main content

I owe money to the community college I want to attend. What can I do?

If you attended community college in the past and owe them money, you are still eligible to receive the Michigan Reconnect scholarship. However, you'll need to contact the community college to figure out a plan to pay off your balance or arrange a payment plan in time to be accepted to the college and enroll in classes.

If you have questions about this, you can call our Customer Care Center at 1-888-447-2687 or email If you want to call the community college directly, visit our List of Colleges  to find a phone and email contact to your college.