The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What are the requirements for keeping this scholarship?
In order to continue participating in the Michigan Reconnect scholarship, participants must:
- Continue to be a Michigan resident.
- Be continuously enrolled.* That means enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) per semester for at least 2 semesters within a 12-month period. The semesters do not need to be consecutive, but the credits must be in your program of study. The scholarship cannot be applied to any semester in which you’re enrolled for less than 6 credits.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average in the courses you take towards your program of study as a Michigan Reconnect participant.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually.
- Participate in any academic coaching programs or other college success services your college offers to Reconnect participants.
If you’re currently participating in the scholarship program, you can find more information on our Stay Reconnected page.