- Michigan Education Trust to Offer $50 Match on New Contracts Opened from May 25-31
State’s Section 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan will also Waive $25 Enrollment Fee in Observance of 529 College Savings Plan Day on May 29
- Michigan's 529 College Savings Plans to Host Free Drop-In Informational Session at Troy Public Library
State’s Prepaid Tuition Plan will Match First $100 for New Enrollees during March 7 Event
- Consider Donating to the Fostering Futures Scholarship Trust Fund
Tax-Deducible Donations Must Be Made by Dec. 31
- Michigan Education Trust To Reopen For Enrollment During Holiday Gift-Buying Season
State's 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan Also Keeps Purchase Prices Unchanged For Now
MET in the News
Detroit Free Press - 3 ways to protect your kids' college savings if the market falls
Detroit Free Press - MET's Pay-As-You-Go option makes college saving less taxing
Grand Rapids Business Journal - MET allows parents, students to lock in current tuition rates
Detroit Free Press - Saving for College One Credit Hour at a Time
Freep.com - Saving for College One Credit Hour at a Time
WZZM13.com - Saving for College is Simple with MET
Parent Magazine - Opening a College Savings Account for Your Kid
MetroParent Magazine - How to Pay for Tomorrow’s College Education Today
The 529 Prepaid Pathway
- Legacy of learning: Inheritance funds MET contract purchases
Even though they died years ago and initially quit school before earning high school diplomas, Erlean and Verle Gilbert Sr. continue to inspire their family’s pursuit of higher education.
- Fostering Futures Scholarship Trust Fund creates success stories
Growing up in the foster care system, Heaven Shaman-Page was never encouraged to dream of attending college.
- See where MET students are heading to college in Michigan
As Michigan’s most recent class of high school graduates mark their achievements this month, here’s something else worth celebrating: More than 96% of high school graduates with Michigan Education Trust contracts attend a college or university.
- 'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood' is now must-see viewing for parents
Preschoolers who watch “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood” on PBS have fun and learn practical skills necessary for growing and developing.
- Explore how MET can help you meet your goals during Financial Literacy Month
April is Financial Literacy Month, a fine time to consider how Michigan Education Trust prepaid tuition can fit into your family’s overall financial plan.
- Investing your tax refund in college savings will pay big dividends
Your state or federal tax refund provides a smart and easy way to save for a future college education.
- Valentine's Day is a lovely time to reflect on saving for college
Around Valentine’s Day, it’s fashionable to say that love is in the air.
- Resolve to Secure Your Child's Future
Here are some ways to get your college savings on track.
- Not Another New Year's Resolution!
This year make a resolution that will have effects that last a lifetime.
- Done everything you can to find money to save for college?
Here are some ideas you may not have thought about.
- School's out for summer
It may be summer vacation, but you should not put school completely out of your mind.
- How can you attract and keep good talent?
Invest in your employees through new benefit programs
- 29 Reasons to Purchase a MET Contract
In honor of 529 College Savings Day we give you 29 reasons to purchase a MET contract.
- I Don't Need to Save, That's Why they have Financial Aid
What most parents don't realize about financial aid
- It is never too late...or too early to start saving for college
While the best time to save for your child’s college education is when they are young, it really is never too late to start.
- 529 Plan or Savings Account?
529 Plan or Savings Account?
- College Savings Plans, Not Just for the Wealthy
From the Archives
- From the Archives