The 529 Prepaid Pathway
- Explore how MET can help you meet your goals during Financial Literacy Month
April is Financial Literacy Month, a fine time to consider how Michigan Education Trust prepaid tuition can fit into your family’s overall financial plan.
- December is a great time to think about year-end giving
Last time we discussed all the exciting things happening at the Michigan Education Trust (MET) in the month of December for both new and existing MET 529 prepaid tuition plan customers. But December is also a great time to think about year-end giving.
- The End of the Year is an Exciting Time
December is an exciting month for so many reasons: holiday celebrations, family gatherings, reflection on the year passed and anticipation of the new year. But December is also exciting for another reason—it’s when the new Michigan Education Trust (MET) enrollment year opens.
- A perfect match: $50 for a MET contract purchaser, $50 for a classroom
The Michigan Education Trust (MET) during December is offering Michigan families an opportunity to support both the current and future education of their students.
- Legacy of learning: Inheritance funds MET contract purchases
Even though they died years ago and initially quit school before earning high school diplomas, Erlean and Verle Gilbert Sr. continue to inspire their family’s pursuit of higher education.
- Fostering Futures Scholarship Trust Fund creates success stories
Growing up in the foster care system, Heaven Shaman-Page was never encouraged to dream of attending college.
- See where MET students are heading to college in Michigan
As Michigan’s most recent class of high school graduates mark their achievements this month, here’s something else worth celebrating: More than 96% of high school graduates with Michigan Education Trust contracts attend a college or university.
- 'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood' is now must-see viewing for parents
Preschoolers who watch “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood” on PBS have fun and learn practical skills necessary for growing and developing.
- Investing your tax refund in college savings will pay big dividends
Your state or federal tax refund provides a smart and easy way to save for a future college education.
- Valentine's Day is a lovely time to reflect on saving for college
Around Valentine’s Day, it’s fashionable to say that love is in the air.
MET in the News
Detroit Free Press - 3 ways to protect your kids' college savings if the market falls
Detroit Free Press - MET's Pay-As-You-Go option makes college saving less taxing
Grand Rapids Business Journal - MET allows parents, students to lock in current tuition rates
Detroit Free Press - Saving for College One Credit Hour at a Time
Freep.com - Saving for College One Credit Hour at a Time
WZZM13.com - Saving for College is Simple with MET
Parent Magazine - Opening a College Savings Account for Your Kid
MetroParent Magazine - How to Pay for Tomorrow’s College Education Today
- Michigan Education Trust to Offer $50 Match on New Contracts Opened from May 25-31
State’s Section 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan will also Waive $25 Enrollment Fee in Observance of 529 College Savings Plan Day on May 29
- Michigan's 529 College Savings Plans to Host Free Drop-In Informational Session at Troy Public Library
State’s Prepaid Tuition Plan will Match First $100 for New Enrollees during March 7 Event
- Consider Donating to the Fostering Futures Scholarship Trust Fund
Tax-Deducible Donations Must Be Made by Dec. 31
- Michigan Education Trust To Reopen For Enrollment During Holiday Gift-Buying Season
State's 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan Also Keeps Purchase Prices Unchanged For Now