Contact the Electrical Division:
The Electrical Division is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Michigan Electrical Code and the electrical provisions of the Michigan Residential Code by conducting inspections of electrical wiring and installations. The division also follows up on violations of the Michigan Electrical Code and assures proper electrical permits have been issued.
*** Licensing questions should be directed to the Licensing Division at 517-241-9316***
- Approved Exam Prep and Re-Examination Courses
- Electrical Licensing Information and Applications
- 2011 Approved 15 Hours Code Update Courses
NEW!! Electrical Journeyman, Master Electrician, Fire Alarm Specialty Technician, and Sign Specialist licensees can take advantage of a free continuing education management tool to help licensees locate, report, and track the completion of code update courses. Visit CE Broker to activate your free account today!
- Electrical Administrative Act - 1956 PA 217
- Stille-DeRossett-Hale Single State Construction Code Act - 1972 PA 230
- Electrical Administrative Board General Rules
- 2011 Electrical Code Rules - Part 8 (Print Version)
- 2014 Electrical Code Rules - Part 8 (Print Version)
- 2014 National Electrical Code Book (NEC)
- 2009 Michigan Residential Code Book
- 2009 Michigan Rehabilitation Code Book