The Fire Fighter Training Division (FFTD) serves the training needs of approximately 1,029 fire departments and approximately 34,500 fire fighters throughout the state by preparing and publishing advisory and training standards as well as establishing courses of study, qualifications and regional training centers. The FFTD also servers as the BFS liaison to work with the Michigan Fire Fighter's Training Council (MFFTC).
The MFFTC was established by Public Act 291 of 1966. The governor appoints six of the seven Council members and the State Fire Marshal is an ex-officio member. Council members represent the following organizations: Michigan Fire Service Instructors Association, Michigan Association of Fire Chiefs, Michigan Municipal League, Michigan Townships Associations, Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union and Michigan Firemen's Association.
Fire Fighter Training Council
- FFTD Courses Requiring Train the Trainer or Third Party Authorization
- FFTD Examination Request
- ADA Accommodation Request
- Contact FFTD
- MFFTC Approved Training Courses
- Policy 2-1 Instructor Qualifications
- Fire Fighter I and II Course Manager Test Packet
- Training Coordinator Map
- Regional Training Centers
- Instructor Training Forms