The Fire Fighter Training Division (FFTD) serves the training needs of approximately 1,208 fire departments and over 40,000 fire fighters throughout the state by preparing and publishing advisory and training standards as well as establishing courses of study, qualifications and regional training centers. The FFTD also servers as the BFS liaison to work with the Michigan Fire Fighter's Training Council (MFFTC).
The MFFTC was established by Public Act 291 of 1966. The governor appoints six of the seven Council members and the State Fire Marshal is an ex-offico member. Council members represent the following organizations: Michigan Fire Service Instructors Association, Michigan Association of Fire Chiefs, Michigan Municipal League, Michigan Townships Associations, Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union and Michigan Firemen's Association.
County Training Fund Procedures
Fire Fighter Training Council
- 2016 MFFTC Meeting Schedule
- 2014 MFFTC Annual Report
- 2015 MFFTC Meeting Schedule
- Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council Mission Statement
- Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council Meeting Minutes
- Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council Meeting Information
- Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council Membership