The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Marijuana Regulatory Agency Seeks Participants for Social Equity Program Workgroups
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-335-LARA (5272)
January 6, 2020 – The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) is facilitating stakeholder workgroups to discuss and provide suggestions regarding the Social Equity Program. The dates and the locations for the workgroups are listed below:
- February 5, 2020 – Detroit, MI
- February 12, 2020 – Muskegon, MI
- February 20, 2020 – Coldwater, MI
- February 25, 2020 – Mt. Pleasant, MI
Individuals interested in participating in the Social Equity Program workgroups must send an email by Monday, January 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM to MRA-SocialEquity@Michigan.gov with “WORKGROUP” in the subject line and the following information in the body of the email:
- The name of the ONE workgroup you would be interested in participating in:
- Option 1 (Detroit)
- Option 2 (Muskegon)
- Option 3 (Coldwater)
- Option 4 (Mt. Pleasant)
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Occupation/job title and the name of the employer/organization with which you are affiliated.
- A brief explanation – no more than 150 words – detailing your qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder workgroup. Please do not include attachments with your email.
The Agency will consider all email requests that meet these requirements, and any additional relevant information in selecting participants for this workgroup. Requests and inquiries made via telephone or to other MRA contacts will not be accepted. The MRA will give preference in the selection of participants to individuals who have not previously participated in an MRA workgroup.
The deadline to email your request to participate in the Social Equity Program workgroups is Monday, January 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM. Selections for the workgroups will be announced by Monday, January 20, 2020. If you are chosen for a workgroup you will be notified directly by the MRA and will receive follow-up information, including the address where the workgroup will be held.
The purpose of this workgroup is to gather information only; to that end, the MRA is seeking input on the Social Equity Program.