The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Code of Conduct / Value-Added Programs
2016 PA 341 adds Sec. 10ee which requires the MPSC to establish a code of conduct that applies to all regulated utilities, and includes, but is not limited to, measures to prevent cross-subsidization, preferential treatment, and (except as otherwise provided) information sharing between a utility’s regulated and unregulated services. Sec. 10ee also provides for the ability of utilities to offer customers value-added programs and services, and allows for MPSC review of complaints related to violations of these provisions.
- Established value-added programs and services requirements for all utilities
- Issued one order establishing interim code of conduct guidance
- Drafted proposed Code of Conduct rule set
- Held two stakeholder meetings
- Initiated rulemaking proceeding with Office of Regulatory Reinvention
- Issue order initiating Commission rulemaking proceeding
- Finalize rules through Commission/APA rulemaking process
No reports available at this time.
March 11, 2019
August 29, 2018
June 26, 2018