The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Natural Gas Rate Books
Michigan Public Service Commission approved rate schedules, special contracts, rules, regulations, and standard forms governing the distribution, sale, and/or storage of natural gas (or propane) in Michigan.
Natural Gas Utility Rate Books and Special Contracts
- Consumers Energy Company
- DTE Gas Company
- Michigan Gas Utilities Corporation
- Northern States Power - Wisconsin (Xcel)
- SEMCO Energy Gas Company
- Upper Michigan Energy Resources Corporation (UMERC)
Natural Gas Storage Rate Books
- BGS Kimball Gas Storage LLC
- CMS Gas Transmission Company
- Eaton Rapids Storage System
- Lee 8 Storage Partnership
- South Romeo Gas Storage
- Thunder Bay Gathering Company
- Washington 10 Storage Corporation
Utilities with Rates Set By Local Government (Rate Books are not approved by the MPSC)
- Aurora Company
- Citizens Gas Fuel Company
- Presque Isle Electric & Gas Cooperative
- Superior Energy Company
Utilities Distributing Propane via Pipeline Systems (Rate Books are not approved by the MPSC)
For FERC-approved books, see Gas Tariff Books page.
For current rates, see also Rates & Pricing Information.
Rate Books may not yet reflect GCR Factors that are pending MPSC approval. See Rates - GCR Factors
Looking for specific Rate Book sections?
- Customer Choice under each utility program
Rate Books may not yet reflect changes approved by recent MPSC orders. See MPSC Gas Orders page for orders (on tariff revisions) issued in past few months. To search for proposed Rate Book changes that are not yet approved, search MPSC Case Index under utility name (in quotes) using keywords such as rate, gas, tariff, and rule.
Rate Books include requirements based on MPSC administrative rules. See also Administrative Rules and Guidelines.