The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Under 2019-11, Transparency Liaison's do the following:
Assist members of the public seeking a public record from the department or agency in navigating the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or other law applicable to public records, including by providing educational materials on the website of the department or agency.
- Assist members of the public seeking to participate in a public meeting held by a board or commission within the department or agency in a manner that complies with the Open Meetings Act, including by providing educational materials on the website.
- Make recommendations to the department and agency for compliance with this directive, to reduce costs relating to public records requests, and to encourage greater transparency.
- Advocate for the disclosure of public records quickly and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Advocate for transparency and procedures that encourage public participation in public meetings.
- Consult with the department or agency's FOIA coordinator regarding compliance with this directive and the FOIA.
- Recommend changes to the department's or agency's procedures and guidelines and written public summary of the procedures and guidelines for the department under section 4 of the FOIA, MCL 15.234.
Visit our state departments page to access department overviews, find additional contact information and explore department organizational structures.