The Long Term Care Division is responsible for assuring that residents in Michigan's 440 nursing homes receive the highest quality of care and quality of life in accordance with all state and federal requirements. Survey and certification activities assure that vulnerable nursing home residents are protected from abuse, neglect, misappropriation of personal property, and inadequate or inappropriate care and services. Administrative functions related to data management, staff and provider training, and enforcement are located within the Long Term Care Division. Additionally, the Nurse Aide Registry Program and the Long Term Care Workforce Background Check Program are overseen within the Long Term Care Division as well.
The Long Term Care Division is responsible for conducting the annual health surveys, abbreviated health surveys, certification, re-certification, Life Safety Code and revisits for the long-term care nursing homes throughout the State of Michigan. These are managed in three regional offices:
- Detroit Office: 313-456-0340
- Gaylord Office: 989-732-8062
- Lansing: 517-241-4712
The Long Term Care Services Section (formerly under the Bureau of Health Professions) is now part of the Long Term Care Division. This section is responsible for the Nurse Aide Training Registry and the Long Term Care Workforce Background Check Program.
To contact the Main Office, please call 517-241-4712.
- Joint Provider Surveyor Training Information
- Long Term Care Provider Portal Authorization Form
- Provider Feedback Questionnaire on the Regulatory Survey Process NEW
- Statement of Deficiencies (2567 Reports), Plan of Corrections, and Public Information
- Surveyor Feedback Questionnaire on the Regulatory Survey Process NEW
- 2013 Fall JPST Materials
- Entrance Conference Checklist (BHCS-LTC-206)
- Federal and State Legislation
- Health Facilities Forms
- Informal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Request (LARA/ED-108)
- LTC Provider Portal Manuals
- Licensing and Certification Forms for Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home Enforcement
- Online Searches for Health Facilities & Programs