The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Review Panel to Receive Public Comments at Medical Marihuana Hearing
Media Contact: LARA Communications 517-373-9280
April 26, 2018 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and the Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation (BMMR) reminded the public today that the Medical Marihuana Review Panel will host a public hearing on Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. at the Williams Building in Lansing to hear citizen comments related to the filing of petition(s) to add particular medical conditions or treatments to the list of debilitating medical conditions identified in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MCL 333.26423).
The petitions submitted tomorrow to the Review Panel under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act are as follows:
The department will accept comments on the petition(s) for a period of five business days beginning on April 27, 2018. Public comments on the petitions may be presented in person at the public hearing or emailed up until 5:00 p.m. on May 3, 2018, to LARA-BMMR-Legal@michigan.gov with “Medical Marihuana Review Panel” in the subject line.
The panel does not vote on April 27, 2018 but takes public comments on the petitions. The Review Panel is currently scheduled to review the petitions and vote to make recommendations to the Department Director at a May 4, 2018 public meeting. This meeting hearing notice could be revised, or other meeting dates could be added. Both meetings are scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and will be held in the Williams Building 1st Floor Auditorium at 525 W Ottawa St, Lansing, MI 48933.
The current list of debilitating medical conditions includes:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn's Disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer's disease
- Nail Patella, or the treatment of these conditions.
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe and chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
More information on the BMMR can be found at the bureau’s website
For more information about LARA, please visit www.michigan.gov/lara