Thank you for your interest in the August (round 5) grant application.
We know there are many questions and concerns around the policy clarifications around child care subsidy reporting as part of the grant applications. We are working diligently to ensure that the guidance shared in the FAQ and webinars is accurate.
If you are a provider who accepts child care subsidy and you applied in June for funds and wish to apply in August we urge you to wait to submit your application until we can provide final guidance.
Child Care Relief Fund Grants! The July grant application has closed. Apply for August now.
The Child Care Relief Fund is a grant program that helps child care providers cover costs during the COVID-19 state of emergency. The goal of the program is to help you stay in business and make child care more affordable for Michigan families. These grants are non-competitive and funds do not need to be repaid.
What's new this month?
- Continued funding for families is available - The state is investing an additional $125 million in the Child Care Relief Fund to make care more affordable for families.
- A small incentive for open providers will be available in August - This investment is a thank you to providers who are open and serving children and families.
Thanks to new funding, the Child Care Relief Fund is being expanded. The Child Care Relief Fund will include funding for providers to reduce the cost of care for families in June, July, and August. Providers will report their monthly tuition bills and receive a grant for 30% of those costs. After receiving funding from the state, providers will give families a credit on their next tuition statement.
The Child Care Rate Reduction Stipends are a non-competitive child care tuition reimbursement for Michigan families needing child care. Note: Tuition reimbursement stipends for families will be a separate payment from the June CARES grant payments to providers.
Also see the new Grant Guidance and CFDA Information.
Additional Resources for you!
- CARES Grant Payments Submitted to Treasury for Processing
- Grant Calculator to help you determine the amount of your grant prior to starting the online application.
- Reimbursement Stipend Tracking Tool to help you calculate tuition reimbursement for families in your care.
- SIGMA - How to Check the Status of your Grant Payment.
- SIGMA - How to Find your SIGMA Vendor Code and Address ID.
- SIGMA - How to Apply for a SIGMA Vendor Code.
- August Application Questions to help you prepare before submitting your online application.
- Rate Reduction Toolkit to use with Families
If you have questions about your application, please call 866-990-3227 (option 2) prior to submitting your application.
Note: Incomplete or multiple applications will delay processing. Beginning with the June grant applications, the Department will take reasonable steps to process all child care reduction stipends within 15 days of receiving a complete application.
COVID-19 Notice: For up-to-date information about Governor Whitmer's order related to child care, frequently asked questions, the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and more, visit the child care page of Michigan's Coronavirus site.