Child Care Relief Fund Grants! The May grant application has closed. Apply for June now.
The Child Care Relief Fund is a non-competitive grant program that helps both open and closed child care providers in Michigan cover costs during the COVID-19 state of emergency. The goal of the program is to help child care providers stay in business and make child care more affordable for Michigan families.
Thanks to new funding, the Child Care Relief Fund is being expanded. The Child Care Relief Fund will include funding for providers to reduce the cost of care for families in June, July, and August. Providers will report their monthly tuition bills and receive a grant for 30% of those costs. After receiving funding from the state, providers will give families a credit on their next tuition statement. See the FAQ for more details and recommendations on how to track and process credits for families.
The Child Care Rate Reduction Stipends are a non-competitive child care tuition reimbursement for Michigan families needing child care.
Additional Resources for you!
- Grant Calculator to help you determine the amount of your grant prior to starting the online application.
- Reimbursement Stipend Tracking Tool to help you calculate tuition reimbursement for families in your care.
- SIGMA - How to Check the Status of your Grant Payment.
- SIGMA - How to Find your SIGMA Vendor Code and Address ID.
- SIGMA - How to Apply for a SIGMA Vendor Code.
- June Application Questions to help you prepare before submitting your online application.
- Rate Reduction Toolkit to use with Families
If you have questions about your application, please call 866-990-3227 prior to submitting your application.
Note: Incomplete or multiple applications will delay processing. In order to address backlog of April and May applications the Department has added additional staff to process the grants and has begun simplifying the grant processing procedures. The Department will take reasonable steps to process all child care reduction stipends within 15 days of receiving a complete application.
COVID-19 Notice: For up-to-date information about Governor Whitmer's order related to child care, frequently asked questions, the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and more, visit the child care page of Michigan's Coronavirus site.