The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
PreK for All
PreK for All
In her 2023 State of the State address, Governor Whitmer announced a bold goal—by 2027, all Michigan four-year-olds can attend a free, high-quality preK program—regardless of where they live, their race/ethnicity, or how much their family earns. We call this goal “PreK for All.”.
At the 2024 State of the State address, Governor Whitmer highlighted the importance of preK and committed to continuing to expand access to free preK for four-year-olds across Michigan. This website has the latest information for how your child can participate – and how you can help us make this a goal reality for our youngest Michiganders.
I want to...
Enroll my 4-year old in free PreK
- It’s not too late! Families that qualify can still enroll their 4-year-olds in the Great Start Readiness Program or Head Start this spring.
- See if these programs are a fit for you by visiting MiFreePreschool.org.
Learn more about the PreK for All Roadmap
- Over the past year, the PreK for All Action Team has been creating a roadmap to provide preK options that meet children’s and families’ needs and achieve the Governor’s bold goal.
- On February 5, a PreK For All Roadmap Webinar was held by members of the PreK For All Action Team.
- The Action Team reviewed the state’s current preK programs, analyzed data, compiled best practices from across the country, and listened to over 4,000 Michiganders in all 83 counties to inform their recommendations.
- We need YOU to achieve this bold goal. Sign up for updates!