Data Analysis and Regulatory Review
The Commission charge assigned to the Data and Regulatory Analysis Subcommittee is to examine and recommend a long-term data collection strategy including:
- Review Part 7 of the Commission's Billing rules on customer protections (R 460.130 - R 460.133).
- Coordinate its work with ongoing shut-off and arrearage data collection under U-20757 and the data collection mandated by R 460.151.
- Explore the inclusion of demographic information such as race, gender, and income; geographic information such as by zip code; extent to which low-income and senior households are receiving energy waste reduction and efficiency services; and energy burdens of customers.
- Consider recommendations from the Commission's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative.
- Consider resources including the NARUC Data Resolution of 2019, LIHEAP Direct Support program reporting, and the MI Power Grid Customer Education and Participation workgroup report on issues related to data access and privacy to ensure that any recommendations are consistent with Commission policy in this area.
- Engage in discussions that will assist MPSC Staff in preparing a report providing recommendations to filed in December 2022, under Case No. U-20757
- Continue to focus on the needs and protections for the purpose of identifying and addressing customer protection and affordability measures
- Be open-minded
MEETINGS (Teleconference via Microsoft Teams)
*Meetings will be held the third Thursday of each month from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
September 15, 2022
August 18, 2022
July 21, 2022
June 16, 2022
May 19, 2022
April 21, 2022
March 15, 2022