The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Phase III - Integrated Resource Plan (MIRPP, Filing Requirements, Demand Response Study, Energy Waste Reduction Study)
Notice: MI Power Grid meetings and all other MPSC workgroup meetings will be conducted via teleconference only until further notice. Please find remote access information for upcoming meetings on our calendar of events.
Electric utilities are required to file plans every five years with the Commission that look at anticipated customer electricity needs over the next 5, 10, and 15 years as well as the appropriate mix of resources to serve those needs, including power plants, renewable energy, energy waste reduction, demand response, and customer-owned resources. The MPSC establishes parameters and filing requirements for utility integrated resource plans and conducts studies on achievable levels of energy waste reduction and demand response.
Actions to Date
- Established initial Integrated Resource Plan parameters and filing requirements in 2017 (U-18418, U-18461)
- Conducted Energy Waste Reduction and Demand Response potential studies in 2017
- Conducted Energy Waste Reduction and Demand Response Potential Studies 2021
- Ongoing integrated resource plan cases
- Staff will convene stakeholder workgroups to:
- Update integrated resource plan filing requirements/parameters consistent with integrated planning, value of diversity findings
- Staff will develop a redline version of the Michigan Integrated Resource Planning Parameters taking into account the recommendations for the Advanced Planning Phase II Report for stakeholder review by December 22nd, 2021, in accordance with the Commission's Order in U-20633.
- Staff will review the results of the Demand Response and Energy Waste Reduction Potential Studies.
Assistant Staff Leads
April 26, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
March 24, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
February 28, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
January 31, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
December 16, 2021 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
Environmental Considerations Subgroup
April 14, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
March 23, 2022 (TELECONFERENCE ONLY)
Related MPSC Case(s)
- U-20165 (CE IRP)
- U-20300 (Alpena IRP)
- U-20350 (UPPCO IRP)
- U-20470 (UMERC IRP)
- U-20471 (DTE IRP)
- U-20591 (I&M IRP)
- U-20599 (NSP IRP)
- U-21081 (UMERC IRP)
- U-21090 (CE IRP)