1.04: Tools to help you
In addition to this manual, ORS provides the following tools to help you understand who, what, when, and how to report as well as how and when to remit retirement contributions:
- The Employer Information website (PSRU): The Employer Information website provides resources that will help you understand and comply with ORS reporting requirements. The links on the left side of the screen will direct you to various reporting resources (including the Reporting Instruction Manual), employer communications, webinars, forms, and legislation.
- The Employer Reporting website (Employer Self-Service or ESS): The Employer Reporting website is a web-based application for all your reporting tasks. Reporting units can submit retirement detail reports for employees in the Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) plans, process member account changes, submit adjustment records, submit Final Payroll Details, view election statuses, maintain contact information, and complete payment transactions on this web-based application. For more information see section 2.01: The Employer Reporting website
- Telephone support: Telephone support can be reached at 800-381-5111 (available on business days from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Email support: Email support can be reached at ORS_Web_Reporting@michigan.gov.
- Monthly newsletter and other email communications are sent out as needed to keep you informed of reporting activities. Past newsletters and other communications are available on the Employer Communications section of the Employer Information website.
- The member website and publications: When your employees have questions about their retirement plan, you can direct them to our member website at Michigan.Gov/ORSSchools or to mipensionplus.org/public schools or mi, where information is always current.