For Nonpublic School Users
Nonpublic schools are required by law to submit certain information to CEPI. Nonpublic schools should designate at least one authorized user (we recommend at least two) for each of the data reporting applications shown below. Each user must submit the required security form before access can be granted.
- Nonpublic School Personnel Report: Each year in the fall, nonpublic schools must submit information on all employed and contracted personnel.
- Michigan Student Data System: Nonpublic schools submit data in the Early Roster Collection in MSDS, and use the MSDS to generate the Direct Certification Report.
- Educational Entity Master: This is an optional application for nonpublic schools. The EEM contains information regarding public and nonpublic educational entities.
See the CEPI Calendar Page for our master calendar of deadlines and collection dates.
NPSPR data are used to meet the requirements of school safety legislation. Michigan law requires that criminal history checks be conducted by the Michigan State Police and the FBI for all regular and contracted employees hired or assigned by public and nonpublic schools. Data elements collected each year include name, social security number, date of birth and gender.
- NPSPR Security Form
- Deadline: NPSPR data are due to CEPI on the first business day in December.
Nonpublic schools participating in the National School Lunch Program are required to submit their entire student enrollment, including new enrollees and existing students, in the MSDS Early Roster Collection. These data are used for updating the direct certification report of children who are automatically certified for free school meals. The report will be refreshed throughout the school year. For more information, please visit CEPI's Direct Certification Report page.
The EEM contains information about Michigan's public and nonpublic school facilities, including official identification codes and contact information. Other state applications as well as the public use the information in EEM.
EEM records for nonpublic schools are updated by the nonpublic schools office at the Michigan Department of Education. Nonpublic schools have the option of designating one or more authorized users to review/update their EEM information to ensure that their school records are accurate and up-to-date.
- EEM Security Form
- Deadline: The EEM is open year-round.