The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MSDS General Collection
District pupil membership count and participation data are collected through the Michigan Student Data System. Local district and public school academy authorized users submit and validate data within the MSDS directly. Intermediate school district users have the ability to access data for all of their constituent districts through the MSDS as well. Files may be uploaded in XML format only. Data may also need to be entered or updated manually online.
See the CEPI Calendar Page for our master calendar of deadlines and collection dates.
Help and Training
- 2021-22 Collection Component Matrix
- Spring 2022 XML Sample File
- Spring 2022 XML Schema
- Spring 2022 XML Schema Summary
- Fall 2021 XML Sample File
- Fall 2021 XML Schema
- Fall 2021 XML Schema Summary
- 2020-21 Collection Component Matrix
- EOY 2021 XML Sample File
- EOY 2021 XML Schema
- EOY 2021 XML Schema Summary
- Spring 2021 XML Sample File
- Spring 2021 XML Schema
- Spring 2021 XML Schema Summary