How to Review and Update the Educational Entity Master
EEM entity authorized users are responsible for keeping their entity records up-to-date. As the official directory of educational entities in Michigan, the EEM links all educational data collections in the state of Michigan. Updates include changes in the name of a school, contact information (e.g., administrator, address, area code, email), grade range adjustments, as well as requests for new code numbers and permanent closings of schools or other entities.
With accurate and up-to-date EEM records, the management of data and data submission operates more smoothly. In addition, the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI) and the Michigan Department of Education use contact information from EEM to communicate with education administrators statewide.
To identify the current authorized users for the EEM for your district or educational entity, please email CEPI Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-335-0505 x3. Please provide your name, telephone number (including area code and extension), district code, and district name (if applicable) along with your message.
How to obtain authorized user access to the EEM
Anyone wishing to obtain update access to the EEM will first need to obtain a MI Logon account. If you do not already possess an account, you can create one by going to MI Logon. Click the "Register" button and follow the on-screen instructions. A user support document for the registration process is also available.
Once you have an account, you will need to log into the application and subscribe to EEM. The EEM security form includes instructions on subscribing to EEM.
The district superintendent or chief administrator must authorize individuals to access or edit records in the EEM.
- To access the EEM Security Agreement, go to the CEPI web page. Click on Application Security Forms on the bottom of the page, under "Privacy and Security."
- Click on the EEM security agreement for your entity type.
- Read the instructions and complete the agreement. The form must be signed by the person accessing the EEM and by the entity lead administrator as listed in EEM.
- Fax the completed form to 517-335-0488 or scan and email it to email@example.com. Allow two to three business days for processing. You will be notified by email when you have EEM authorized user access.
How to access your Educational Entity Master records
- Go to MI Logon.
- Type in your login ID and password.
- Click on the "Educational Entity Master (EEM)" link.
- To review records for which you have some modification permission, please click on "My Entities" on the left side bar and then on "List of Entities."
Note: For assistance, please see the support material on the EEM web page.
If you have other questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-335-0505 x3. Please provide your name, district code, district name (if applicable), CEPI application name, your telephone number (including area code and extension), your email address, and your specific questions.