The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How to Review and Update the Educational Entity Master
EEM authorized users are responsible for keeping their entity records up-to-date. As the official directory of educational entities in Michigan, the EEM links all educational data collections in the state. Updates include changes in the name of a school, contact information (e.g., administrator, address, area code, email), and grade range adjustments, as well as requests for new codes and permanent closings of schools or other entities.
Accurate and current EEM records help data submission and management operate more smoothly. In addition, CEPI and the Michigan Department of Education use contact information from EEM to communicate with education administrators statewide.
For a list of EEM authorized users for your district or educational entity, please email CEPI Customer Support at email@example.com or call 517-335-0505 x3. Please provide your name, telephone number (including area code and extension), district code, and district name (if applicable) along with your message.
How to obtain authorized user access to the EEM
Anyone wishing to obtain update access to the EEM will need a MiLogin account. If you don't already have an account, you can create one by going to MiLogin. Click the "Register" button and follow the on-screen instructions. A support document for the registration process is also available.
Once you have an account, you will need to log in and subscribe to EEM, then submit a signed security form. The security form includes instructions on subscribing to EEM.
The district superintendent or chief administrator must authorize individuals to edit EEM records.
- To access the security agreement, go to the CEPI web page. Click on Security Forms on the bottom of the page, under "Privacy and Security."
- Click on the security agreement for your entity type.
- Read the instructions and complete the agreement. The form must be signed by the person accessing the EEM and by the entity lead administrator as listed in EEM.
- Fax the completed form to 517-335-0488 or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow up to three business days for processing. You will be notified by email when you have been given access.
How to access your Educational Entity Master records
- Log into MiLogin with your ID and password.
- Click the "Educational Entity Master (EEM)" link.
- To review records for which you have some modification permission, click on "My Entities" on the left side bar and then on "List of Entities."
For assistance, please see the support material on the EEM web page.
If you have other questions, please email email@example.com or call 517-335-0505 x3. Please provide your name, district code, district name (if applicable), CEPI application name, your telephone number (including area code and extension), your email address, and your specific questions.