Skip to main content

Special Use Request Forms - Out-of-State Travel & Equipment

A special use request is required if your agency is using Law Enforcement Distribution (LED) funds to:

  • Send an officer to a training course hosted outside of Michigan and/or,
  • Your agency is purchasing equipment and the cost exceeds $5,000 per item or 10% of the agency’s distribution.

The special use request must be submitted prior to the training or purchase.

Please note:  It is no longer required to submit a special use request form when an out of state vendor comes into the state of Michigan.

Before filling out the form, please read the instructions. 

LED Out-of-State Training Request

LED Equipment Special Use Request

If you have questions about Special Use Requests, contact Pat Hutting at Once the special use request form is completed it can be sent to MCOLES by email at, by fax at 517-636-7886, or mailed to:

Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards
927 Centennial Way
Lansing, MI 48909