The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Pre-Service Graduate with No Law Enforcement Experience
- Applicant has met all requirements under the Pre-service Administrative Rules but has not obtained law enforcement employment within one (1) year from graduation.
- Applicant has successfully completed the:
- Reading and Writing examination (if you completed training prior to January 1, 2003);
- Physical Fitness examination;
- Licensing examination.
- Applicant meets the current Minimum Selection and Employment Standards.
NOTE: All pre-service candidates approved for the RPTE program must attend the entire program course before taking the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience Examinations. Upon successful completion of the program, passing of the program required assessments and MCOLES licensing exam, the Michigan Pre-Service Graduate will receive one year of license eligibility. (Pursuant to Commission Policy VI, 2.01, 4.)