The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The online Planning Your Retirement presentation is designed for Michigan public school employees in the Defined Benefit pension plan first hired before July 1, 2010, who are within five years of retirement.
As you're nearing the end of your career as a Michigan public school employee, your retirement plan is more important than ever. Now is the time to evaluate your plan to ensure a smooth transition into retirement. We've prepared the Planning Your Retirement online presentation to help with the decisions you'll need to make as you prepare for retirement.
This online presentation will cover these topics:
- Meeting eligibility requirements.
- Picking your pension payment option.
- Deciding on insurance.
- Reviewing your plans, choosing a retirement date, and applying for retirement.
- Adjusting to retirement.
To prepare for this on-demand presentation and to aid in your retirement planning, we encourage you to create a pension estimate in miAccount. Your pension estimate contains essential information you'll want at your fingertips during the workshop: your benefit structure, your retirement insurance plan, and your pension payment options. You will also want to download the Planning Your Retirement workbook.
We also offer an assortment of e-learning modules that can also assist you in your retirement planning:
- Qualifying for Your Pension and Premium Subsidy
- Pension Payment Options
- Deferred vs. Early Reduced Retirement
- Paying Off a TDP Agreement at Retirement
- Dependent Eligibility Proofs
- Summer Birthday Provision
- Managing Your Retirement Account