The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Administrator Kamrada (Retired)
Christopher Kamrada officially retires on Nov. 1st 2022 after 27 dedicated years of service to the State of Michigan and 11 years with MSI. The entire MSI staff wishes Chris the very best in his retirement! We will continue your mission of teaching offenders real-life skills that will give them an opportunity to be successful, and providing our customers high-quality goods and top-notch customer service.
Chris empowered the MSI organization to band together as a team and promoted a culture change of continuous improvement by setting positive examples daily through his servant leadership style. May happiness, success and good health follow him as he begins this new life chapter.
MDOC Director Heidi Washington congratulated Chris on his many accomplishments in the following retirement letter: Chris Kamrada Retirement Letter
A new MSI Administrator will be announced in the coming months. CONGRATS CHRIS!!!!
Our Vision & Core Values
- Perseverance - Work to get the job done for our customers, co-workers and staff.
- Accountability - Hold ourselves, co-workers and staff accountable.
- Respect - Show respect to all stakeholders.
- Trust - Accomplish great things by trusting our co-workers and staff.
- Net Income - Provide goods and services sufficient to support our operations.
- Excellence - Demonstrate excellence in everything we do.
- Resourcefulness - Encourage "Outside-The-Box" thinking to find solutions.
- Servant Leadership - Effective management to support staff and meet objectives.
- Honesty - Be truthful in all endeavors.
- Integrity - Strive to do the right thing.
- Professionalism - Conduct business openly, respect confidentiality, communicate timely.
From the Administrator
From all of us who work hard to bring you quality products and service, let me thank you for your support of Michigan State Industries (MSI). Whether you are an employee, a customer, a partner, or a supplier I want to ensure you are aware of how much you are appreciated for all that you do for MSI, especially during these last 14 months as the world stood still and we all hunkered down to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. It has been one crazy year and we are all looking forward to the return of normality. It is the intent of this annual report to share a little more with you about who we are and what we do. I am passionate about our people and our program, as you'll see as you make your way through our Annual Report. Yes, we have factories that make things, but those are byproducts of our real mission here. As the MSI Administrator, I am extremely proud of the individuals who choose to work for this organization, and I count those blessings each day. People make the difference in any organization and in the MSI organization, people are making a difference. Thank you for your continued support of MSI.