Skip to main content


Honorably discharges WWII, Korean or Vietnam era veterans who were unable to receive their high school diplomas because they enlisted or were drafted into the armed forces can still be awarded their graduation certificate.

 Veterans must have attended high school in Michigan and served in the military during the following time periods:

  • WWII: Dec. 16, 1940 - Dec. 31, 1946
  • Korean conflict: June 27, 1950 - Jan. 31, 1955
  • Vietnam: Feb. 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975

To apply for a diploma, the veteran or next of kin must return the Application for High School Diploma for Michigan WWII, Korean and Vietnam Era Veterans form to the veteran's school district for processing along with a copy of their discharge papers.

To obtain a copy of their discharge papers, a DD-214 Request Form needs to be completed, signed and submitted to MVAA's Resource Center.

A request form can also be downloaded and emailed to