The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
CORE Leadership and Partners
The CORE Leadership team is made up of key players from state and local agencies and organizations alongside the veteran service organizations (American Legion, VFW, DAV, and VVA); the CORE Partners are local agencies, businesses, or nonprofits throughout Michigan communities that have the available resources/support systems in place to address the various needs of Michigan veterans in a localized manner. They also help us to understand where veteran resource “deserts” may exist in our state that allows us to coordinate our efforts and address those gaps.
CORE Leaders include individuals from:
• Michigan Association of County Veteran Counselors (MACVC)
• Leaders of the regional Veteran Community Action Teams and Coalitions
• Michigan Veterans Coalition
• American Legion
• Disabled American Veterans
• Veterans of Foreign Wars
• Vietnam Veterans of America
• Regional Veteran Engagement Officers
• Buddy to Buddy Coordinators
• Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
• Michigan Veterans Resource Service Center
• Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
• Key stakeholders from the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency
CORE Partners come from both the leadership team and veteran service providers from community mental health providers; hospitals; local and national nonprofits; local and state government agencies; and others in our communities that provide services or resources for veterans.
If you are interested in joining the CORE Partners, please send an email to MVAAStrategy@michigan.gov.