Skip to main content


  • A. There are three long-term, skilled nursing care facilities in the following Michigan locations: Marquette, Grand Rapids and Chesterfield Township in southeast Michigan. Our veteran homes webpage provides more information on these facilities; the admission process can be commenced by either contacting a home directly or by contacting a Veteran Service Officer.

  • A. If you have never been seen at a VA health care facility, you must first enroll for benefits. Talk with a Veteran Service Officer or call 1-800-MICH-VET to connect with the appropriate VSO. Then, you must enroll in a primary care clinic and ask for an evaluation for nursing home care. The evaluation will be done either by the primary care provider or a geriatrics care team.

  • A. You can apply for a VA loan with any mortgage lender that participates in the VA home loan guaranty program. Any participating lender will require a VA certificate of eligibility. Information on the loan and how to acquire a certificate of eligibility can be found on the VA website. Contact your local Veteran Service Office for further information.

  • A. You can have multiple loans using your VA home loan guaranty; it depends on your entitlement and how much is leftover after your first loan. Your first loan does not need to be paid off to be eligible for an additional loan. The new property needs to be your primary residence.