Skip to main content

8.03.05: How to correct a cash receipt

8.03.05: How to correct a cash receipt

If a reporting unit finds that an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment made to ORS has been associated with the wrong statement or wrong reporting unit, the reporting unit must request a cash correction. The inquiry must be put in writing.

Examples of possible errors:

  • A payment was made to receipt type DB Contributions & TDP (401a) when the payment should have been made to receipt type DC Contributions.
  • A Payment Processor, who makes payments for more than one reporting unit, remitted a payment to the wrong reporting unit account.

To have ORS correct the error, email You must include the following information in your email:

  • Reporting unit name and number.
  • Payment date. This date can be found on your DB and DC Employer statements in the Payments Received section.
  • Amount of original payment.
  • Confirmation number for ACH payments or check number for a paper payment.
  • Reason for request - please be very specific.
  • Any other comments or questions

Your email will be reviewed and you will be notified when the corrective action has been made.

Last updated: 09/15/2015