The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Credit Reporting Agencies
Credit reporting agencies compile your credit history which is used to establish your credit score.
- Block fraudulent information from appearing on one or all three of your reports
- In request to block, you should send:
- A copy of the police report
- Letter telling what info is fraudulent and request to have information blocked
- Proof of your identity
- Instruct information providers of blocked fraudulent information
- Creditors cannot turn over debt to a collection agency for fraudulent information that has been blocked by a credit reporting agency