The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Office of Public Information and Education
Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Sign Up To Receive Email Updates
If you would like to receive email from the Attorney General, click the appropriate category and enter your email address.
- Consumer Alerts: list for distribution of consumer alerts and other consumer-related notices and announcements.
- Elder Abuse Newsletter: sign-up to receive updates on the work of the Elder Abuse Task Force.
- Human Trafficking Commission: list for distribution of updates sent by the Human Trafficking Commission.
- Press: list for the distribution of Attorney General press releases.
- Robocall Crackdown Team: list for the Robocall information.
- Attorney General Opinions: list for the distribution of Attorney General formal opinions.
We maintain an announcement-only LISTSERV - contributions from the public are not accepted.
Law enforcement officers and rescuers know from the minute they step foot in the academy that they are signing up for a life-and-death mission. They prepare for it, spending hours at the shooting range, learning expert driving maneuvers, running through training drills, practicing ways to diffuse the most difficult and dangerous of situations and always – always – learning to be courageous enough to run in when others run out.
It is for them that we take this moment to pay tribute to the souls who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty in the most unexpected way – in a way that bullet proof vests and all the range practice in the world couldn’t protect them from.
Like our health care workers, our law enforcement officers and rescuers are also on the front lines of our current public health crisis. It is because of them – fearless, committed and sincere protectors in our communities – that we’re reminded to live each day to ensure their ultimate sacrifice isn’t in vain.
To their families, there are no words to adequately describe our deepest condolences during this time of heartbreaking grief and sorrow. Please remember that you too are heroes among us as we owe you a debt of gratitude that we can never pay in full. Thank you for your loved one’s service and thank you for sharing them with all of us.
To every resident in this great state of Michigan, your life depends on doing your part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Do your part so that no one else has to sacrifice their life. Do your part so that no else has to mourn that sacrifice.