Skip to main content

I am experiencing homelessness. What can I do?

If you are experiencing homelessness, please contact the Housing Assessment and Resource Agency (HARA) in your area. A State-approved homeless agency is the only entity that can qualify an applicant for the homeless preference needed for subsidized housing through MSHDA. This link offers a list of HARAs across Michigan: Homeless Agencies.

They also can call 2-1-1 and find out what other resources that may be available in their area.