Skip to main content

I'm having problems paying my monthly mortgage payment. What should I do?

Michigan has been provided federal funds from U.S. Treasury, which were established under section 3206 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to be provided to homeowners for the purpose of preventing mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosure, loss of utilities or home energy services, and displacements of homeowners experiencing financial hardships after January 21, 2020.  Michigan is currently in the process of creating our state plan and we expect it to be available to struggling homeowners in the next few months. We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.

Please visit the Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF) web page at

The first thing you should do is contact your mortgage company and request assistance. If your loan is with MSHDA and serviced by Loan Care, call for customer service at 800-274-6600.

If your loan is being serviced by US Bank call 800-365-7900.