Skip to main content

Affidavit and Certification of Supportive Housing

Last year, the Michigan legislature passed bills to exempt certain scattered-site, single-family supportive housing property from the 18-mill local school operating levy.

To qualify as a "supportive housing property" for this tax abatement your property must meet all of the following criteria:*

  • Owned by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
  • Each unit is occupied by one or more persons with incomes up to 30% AMI.
  • Each resident must receive at least 1 hour of supportive services a month, provided by your organization or contracted out.
  • The development has no more than 6 individual living units.

How to Apply
To apply for this tax abatement, you must complete and submit an "Affidavit and Certification of Supportive Housing" form by November 1. 

Instructions for Supportive Housing Affidavit
Affidavit and Certification of Supportive Housing
Supportive Housing Exemption Affidavit
Supportive Housing Exemption FAQ's

Send in the completed affidavit, your filed articles of incorporation, recorded deed and evidence of your 501(c)(3) status to:

Michigan State Housing Development Authority
Office of Legal Affairs
P.O. Box 30044
Lansing, MI 48909
Fax: 517-241-8471

If you have questions about the application, contact Libby Burnett at 517-335-4154.