UPCS Plus Physical Inspection Manual
10/21 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Memo
06/21 Returning to in-person Physical Inspections and Exterior, Common Area, Vacant Unit Inspections (ECV) Memorandum
04/21 Physical Inspections VPI and ECU Update Memorandum
01/01/2021 MSHDA fully implemented the new IRS inspection/audit requirements.
01/01/2020 All dwelling units and areas where there are gas appliances must have Carbon Monoxide Detector.
04/19 Carbon Monoxide Detector & IRS Final Regulations for LIHTC Memorandum
MSHDA UPCS Plus Manual:
Section I updated 09/27/2010
- Contents: Table of Contents
- Section I: Site Inspectable Items (Pages 1-20)
- Section II: Building Exterior Inspectable Items (Pages 21-42)
- Section III: Building Systems Inspectable Items (Pages 43-58)
- Section IV: Common Areas Inspectable Items(Pages 59-108)
- Section V: Unit Inspectable Items(Pages 109-154)
- Section VI: Health & Safety Inspectable Items(Pages 155-162)
This manual covers items that are in addition to deficiencies defined by the Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) published by HUD. For MSHDA’s UPCS Plus inspections all deficiencies defined by HUD’s UPCS and these additional MSHDA only items must be followed.
09/10 UPCS Plus - MSHDA Deficiencies Only (34 Pages)
If there are questions regarding the UPCS Plus Manual, please contact James Espinoza in the Compliance Monitoring unit.
10/13 HUD REAC Dictionary of Deficiency Definitions Federal Register 8-9-12
03/11 REAC Waiver Instructions
09/10 UPCS Inspection Protocol: Other Hazards - Bed Bug Infestation
10/10 Bed Bugs - Owner/Manager Responsibility & UPCS Inspection Protocol
08/05 MSHDA Exigent Health and Safety Items Clarification Memorandum
08/05 HUD Call For Aid Policy and Guidance
Other Bed Bug Information:
Emerging Disease Issues
Michigan Manual for the Prevention and Control of Bedbugs