The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Who do I call with questions about my Medicare benefits?
Medicare is medical care coverage for persons over 65. This should not be confused with the Medicaid program which is medical care coverage for the poor and disabled. Medicaid is administered jointly by the state and federal government. You can call the State of Michigan with Medicaid issues at 800-642-3195.
However, the Medicare program is administered solely by the federal government and the State of Michigan has no oversight of that program. To find information about and contact the Medicare program go to their website.
Who do I call to report welfare or Medicaid fraud?
Welfare fraud should be reported to:
Department of Health & Human Services
Office of Inspector General
P.O. Box 30062
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 855-MI-FRAUD (855-643-7283)
Medicaid fraud should be reported to:
Department of Attorney General
Health Care Fraud Division
P.O. Box 30218
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 800-24-ABUSE (800-242-2873)
I am a Medicaid provider and I have questions about the program, who can I contact?
Medicaid providers may call the Medicaid Provider's Assistance Hotline at 800-292-2550.
I receive Medicaid and I have a question about the program; who can I contact?
Call the Medicaid Client's Help Line at 800-642-3195.
Who do I call if I suspect that an adult is being physically abused or financially exploited
REPORTING ELDER ABUSE
Elder and vulnerable adult abuse, neglect and exploitation are behaviors committed against an elder or vulnerable adult who is unable to protect himself or herself due to a mental or physical impairment or due to advanced age.
- Abuse is harm or threatened harm to an adult's health or welfare caused by another person.
- Neglect is the inability or failure of the adult, or an individual responsible for the care of the elder or vulnerable adult, to provide adequate food, shelter, clothing, medical care, etc.
- Exploitation is the misuse of an adult's funds, property or personal dignity by another person.
The perpetrators are often trusted family, friends, neighbors or caregivers. This can occur in the person's home, in the home of another person or in licensed settings such as adult foster care, homes for the aged or nursing homes.
IF YOU SUSPECT ELDER OR VULNERABLE ADULT ABUSE, NEGLECT OR EXPLOITATION HAS OCCURRED IN
- A private residence,
- An unlicensed setting such as an assisted living facility,
- An adult foster care home,
- A home for the aged, or
- A nursing home where the suspected perpetrator is not an employee of the facility or the resident is on leave from the nursing home,
Notify the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (DHS), >Adult Protective Services.
Statewide 24-Hour Hotline: 855-444-3911
IF YOU SUSPECT ABUSE, NEGLECT OR EXPLOITATION OF A RESIDENT OF A NURSING HOME BY ANOTHER RESIDENT OR BY A NURSING HOME EMPLOYEE, NOTIFY:
- Attorney General 24-hour Health Care Fraud Hotline: 800-24-ABUSE (800-242-2873)
- Bureau of Health Services Abuse Hotline: 800-882-6006
- Michigan Protection and Advocacy Service, Inc.:
- Developmental Disabilities: 800-288-5923
- Mental Illness: 800-288-5923