Skip to main content

Forms and Publications

Apply for Retirement For most account changes, you don't need a paper form. Simply access your account online to name a beneficiary, change your address, view and apply for service credit, estimate your pension, apply for retirement, and much more.

Click a link to jump to content located below.

These documents require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you experience difficulty in viewing these files we recommend that you use the latest version of the software. Download a free copy of the software.

For Active Member 

Retirement Application Forms

Back to top.


DROP Participants

Back to top.


For Retirees

  • Direct Deposit Application (R0277X) 
  • Name, Address, and Contact Information Change (R0357X) 
    Use this form to change your physical address, mailing address, email address, name, or phone number with ORS.
  • Insurance Enrollment/Change Request (R0452H)
    Use this form to enroll in one or more of the retirement system insurance plans, change from one health plan to another, or add, delete, or change a name for anyone on your existing insurance coverage. Also use this form to notify the Office of Retirement Services (ORS) if you or any of your covered dependents become eligible for Medicare or other health, dental, vision or prescription group insurance coverage.
  • Insurance Rates
    Health, dental, and vision insurance rates for retirees are published by the Civil Service Commission - Employee Benefits Division.
  • Opt-In Form (R2031H) 
    Use this form if you are a Medicare-eligible State Police Troopers and Sergeants Retired on or after 10/1/1987.
  • Income Tax Withholding Authorization (R0012X)
    Use this to change the federal and Michigan income tax withholding on your retirement pension.
  • Domestic Relations Orders: Background and Instructions (R0912HD)
    Important instructions, background information, and examples for completing a Domestic Relations Order that complies with retirement statutes. This information will help you understand how a DRO affects your pension.
  • Domestic Relations Order (DRO) (R0323H)
    A Domestic Relations Order (DRO) is a specific type of court order that provides instructions for dividing a public pension as part of a divorce. It applies only to retired members of a pension system. ORS has developed a downloadable, fillable form to allow you to create accurate and complete DROs that can be administered under the retirement statutes. This interactive PDF prevents errors by not allowing contradicting selections, by prefilling information, preventing typographical errors, and by offering pop-up help screens. It is the preferred document to file with the Office of Retirement Services. This is the fastest, most efficient way to complete your filing. Complete it online, save it, print it, then take the printed copy to the court for the judge's signature. Background information, instructions, and examples are provided separately in Domestic Relations Orders: Background and Instructions (R0912HD).
  • Refund Beneficiary Designation for Retirees (R0748X)
  • Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation (R0782GHB)

Back to top.


Release Authorization

Release Of Information Authorization (R3488CGHBD)  
If you need to request a copy of documents located in your account, please complete and submit this form.

Back to top.


Important instructions and background information, and examples for completing an Eligible Domestic Relations Order that complies with retirement statutes. This information will help you understand how an EDRO will affect your pension.

A DRO is for retirees dividing a pension as part of a divorce.

  • Proactive - our e-newsletter for active members.

March 2022
December 2021
September 2021
June 2021
March 2021
December 2020
Summer 2020
December 2019
Summer 2019
Fall 2018
Spring 2018
Fall 2017
Spring 2017
Fall 2016
Spring 2016
Fall 2015
Spring 2015
Fall 2014


Back to top.