The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
1. What are ORS office hours?
You can call us between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information on how to reach us, click on Contact Us on the top navigation bar.
2. I work as a dispatcher at a State Police post. Do I have benefits?
3. When can I retire?
You are entitled to a pension at any age with 25 years of service. Get more information on retirement benefits by clicking Available Benefits on the left navigation bar.
4. How much will I get?
5. What does "buying time" mean?
6. I'm getting divorced. What do I need to do?
7. Do I have other opportunities to save for my retirement?
Yes. The State of Michigan sponsors a deferred compensation plan. You can have tax-deferred payroll deductions go into a 401(k) or 457 plan with Voya Financial®.
8. What does my survivor need to do when I die?
If you die while participating in the DROP.
If you die as a deferred member.
If you die after you retire.